< | >
Current issue Ukr. J. Phys. 2016, Vol. 61, N 9, p.780-783
Vovdenko S.1, Dmitruk I.1, Berezovska N.1, Kutovyi S., Kalyuzhnyy A.1, Zubrilin N.2, Dombrovsky O.2
1 Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
(64/13, Volodymyrs’ka Str., Kyiv, 01601 Ukraine)
2 Institute of Physics, Nat. Acad. of Sci. of Ukraine
(46, Prosp. Nauky, Kyiv 03680, Ukraine)
Laser-Induced Quasiperiodic Metal Structures for Efficient Excitation of Surface Plasmons
Section: Optics, Lasers, and Quantum Electronics
Original Author's Text: English
Abstract: Micro- and nanostructures on the surface of silver are formed under the action of a titanium-sapphire femtosecond laser. The obtained structures are characterized by means of atomic force microscopy (AFM), multiangle light scattering, and optical spectroscopy. The excitation of surface plasmons on these structures and their effect on Raman spectra of rhodamine 6G (R6G) dye have been studied. The enhancement of intensities of some spectral lines up to 20 times, indicating the prospects of this method of preparation of substrates for surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS), is revealed.
Key words: laser-induced periodic surface structure, surface enhanced Raman scattering, surface plasmons.
- V.I. Emel'yanov and N.I. Koroteev, Giant Raman scattering of light by molecules adsorbed on the surface of a metal, Soviet Physics Uspekhi 24, 864 (1981). https://doi.org/10.1070/PU1981v024n10ABEH004812
- K. Kneipp, Surface-enhanced Raman scattering, Physics Today 60(11), 40 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2812122
- A.M. Michaels, M. Nirmal, and L.E. Brus, Surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy of individual rhodamine 6G molecules on large Ag nanocrystals, Am. Chem. Soc. 121, 9932 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja992128q
- J.C. Maxwell-Garnett, Colours in metal glasses and in metallic films, Phil. Trans. of the Royal Soc. of London. Ser. A 203, 385 (1904).
- A. Weck, T.H.R. Crawford, A. Borowiec, D.S. Wilkinson, and J.S. Preston, Femtosecond laser-based fabrication of a new model material to study fracture, Appl. Phys. A: Mater. Sci. Process. 86, 55 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00339-006-3730-x
- A. Weck, T.H.R. Crawford, D.S. Wilkinson, H.K. Haugen, and J.S. Preston, Ripple formation during deep hole drilling in copper with ultrashort laser pulses, Appl. Phys. A: Mater. Sci. Process. 89, 1001 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00339-007-4203-6
- J. Cyriac, G. Li, and R.G. Cooks, Vibrational spectroscopy and mass spectrometry for characterization of soft landed polyatomic molecules, Anal. Chem. 83, 5114 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac200118f