0372-400Х (Edition in Ukrainian)
2071-0186 (Edition in English)
2071-0194 (in electronic form)
Abbreviated key title: Ukr. J. Phys.
Bondar V.M., Tomchuk P.M.
Institute of Physics, Nat. Acad. of Sci. of Ukraine
(46, Nauky Ave., Kyiv 03680, Ukraine)
Polarization Dependences of Radiation Emission by Hot Carriers in InSb
Section: Solid Matter
Original Author's Text: Ukrainian
Abstract: Polarization dependences of the spontaneous radiation emitted by hot carriers in p- and n-InSb have been measured experimentally and explained theoretically. A periodic dependence of the spontaneous radiation intensity on the polarizer rotation angle with respect to the direction of the heating electric field is found. This dependence is associated with a field-induced deviation of the even component in the distribution function of hot carriers from the spherical shape (a deviation from the diffusion approximation).
Key words: InSb, polarization dependences of radiation emission, hot carriers.
1. V.M. Bondar, A.G. Sarbei, and P.M. Tomchuk, Fiz. Tverd. Tela 44, 1540 (2002).
2. P.M. Tomchuk, Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 49, 681 (2004).
3. V.M. Bondar and N.F. Chernomorets, Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 48, 51 (2003).
4. P.M. Tomchuk and V.M. Bondar, Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 53, 668 (2008).
5. P.M. Tomchuk, V.M. Bondar, and O.E. Levshyn, Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 59, 507 (2014).
6. I.M. Dykman and P.M. Tomchuk, Transport Phenomena and Fluctuations in Semiconductors (Naukova Dumka, Kyiv, 1981) (in Russian).
7. G. Bok and C. Guthman, Phys. Status Solidi 6, 853 (1964). CrossRef
8. G.A. Baraff, Phys. Rev. 133, A26 (1964). CrossRef
9. P.M. Tomchuk, arXiv: 0811.2952 [quant-ph].
10. L.P. Pavlov, Methods for the Determination of Key Parameters in Semiconductor Materials (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1987) (in Russian).